Thursday, August 2, 2007

Day 1 - Me Go to Meebo


Day 1's assignment was pretty easy. We were to review all the pre-season goodies to be sure we were ready for the big challenge with all our tools and add-on's in place.

I need to go to Meebo.com and sign up there. A browser based program that allows you to use all your instant messanger programs from one place.. and ANY place. As I'm using Skype quite heavily for keeping up with my team members, I can now be sure to be able to contact everyone no matter where in the big, bad world I am as long as a computer is handy. Very cool!

The TDC toolbar was unveiled today. What a great tool! Thanks to Dan Raine for this cool toolbar gizmo that sits up there just waiting to alert us to new blog posts, messages and more. I'm loving it already.

Through today's podcast, I discovered the joy's of the Fire Fox add on called Twitterbar. This is fabulous! You can actually update your twitter by typing your text right into your address bar. It will automatically place 'currently browsing www.whatyourviewing.com and then your text. FUN! And so much nicer than having to scoot over and load up the Twitter page. Awesome!

No comments: